UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO DESIGN OF MECHATRONICS SYSTEM
Mechatronics design process
mechatronics and traditional design
Advanced approaches in mechatronics design
Introduction to industrial design, modelling,
simulation and analysis
Ergonomics and safety.
UNIT II BASIC SYSTEM MODELLING
Simulation using softwares
verification and validation
Mathematical modelling : Basic system modelling
fluid and thermal.
UNIT III MECHATRONIC SYSTEM MODELLING
Engineering systems: Rotational
micro electro mechanical system
Dynamic responses of system: first order,
second order system
UNIT IV REAL TIME INTERFACING
Selection of interfacing standards
elements of data acquisition and control systems
Overview of I/O process
general purpose I/O cards and its installation
Data conversion process
Man machine interface
UNIT V CASE STUDIES ON DESIGN OF MECHATRONICS SYSTEM
Motion control using DC Motor,
AC Motor and Servomotor
Temperature control of hot/cold reservoir
Pick and place robot
Car parking barriers
Motion and temperature control of washing machine
Auto focus camera, exposure control
Students will be able to understand the mechatronics design
CO1: Understand the basics and key elements of Mechatronics design process
CO2: Familiar with basic system modelling
CO3: Understand the concepts of engineering system and dynamic response of the system
CO4: Realize the concepts of real time interfacing and data acquisition
CO5: Understanding the concepts of design of Mechatronics system through case studies
- Devdas shetty, Richard A. Kolk, “Mechatronics System Design”, 2nd Edition,Cengage Learning 2011.
- Georg pelz, “Mechatronic Systems: Modeling and simulation” with HDL’s, John wiley and sons Ltd, 2003.
- Bishop, Robert H, “Mechatronics Hand book”, CRC Press, 2002.
- Bradley, D.Dawson, N.C. Burd and A.J. Loader, “Mechatronics: Electronics in Products and Processes”, CRC Press 1991 , First Indian print 2010.
- De Silva, “Mechatronics: A Foundation Course”, Taylor & Francis, Indian Reprint, 2013.