LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Design and testing of Digital Comparator
- Design and testing of Voltage to frequency converter and frequency to voltage converter.
- Design and testing of sample and hold circuit.
- Design and testing of Flash type Analog to Digital Converters.
- Design and testing of instrumentation amplifier using OP-AMP.
- Displacement measurement using potentiometer and LVDT and plotting the characteristic curves.
- Study of Characteristics and calibration of strain gauge and Load Cell
a. Measurement of strain using resistive type strain gauges with temperature compensation and various bridge configurations.
- Temperature measurement using Thermocouple, Thermistor and RTD and comparing the characteristics.
- Comparison of capacitive and resistive type transducer for humidity measurement with their characteristics.
- Measurement of sound using microphones and sound level meter.
- Conversation of time domain audio signal into frequency domain signal (FFT).
- Measurements of 3 phase power and power factor.
Upon Completion of the course the students will be able to:
CO1: Generate appropriate design procedure, suitable for signal conversion to interface with
CO2: Design appropriate circuits by using conventional formulas used in signal conditioning and conversion.
CO3: Implement their design in bread board and test it.
CO4: Generate appropriate design procedure to obtain a required measurement data for temperature, force, humidity, displacement and sound.
CO5: Log the data in computer using LABVIEW/ MATLAB/PSILAB.
CO6: Present data in a clear and meaningful manner.
CO7: Use transducers to create simple Mechatronics applications using data logging software.
EQUIPMENTS FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
|S.NO||NAME OF THE EQUIPMENT||Qty|
|1.||Digital Signal Oscilloscope||6|
|4.||Regulated Power supply||6|
|9.||Load cell setup||1|
|10.||4 Channel data acquisition system for strain gauge||1|
|11.||Sound level meter||1|
|12.||Computer with LABVIEW/ MATLAB/SCILAB||1|
|13.||Prony brake dynamometer||1|