UNIT I ANALOG ELECTRONICS
Switching Devices: SCR, TRIAC, JFET, MOSFET
Rectifiers and Filters
Regulated Power Supply
Switching Power Supplies,
Feedback and power amplifiers
Oscillators: Colpitts oscillator, Hartley oscillator and Wien bridge oscillator
UNIT II OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS AND APPLICATIONS
Principles, Specifications, characteristics and ,applications
Arithmetic Operations, Integrator,
Instrumentation Amplifier, A/D & D/A converters
UNIT III WAVEFORM GENERATORS AND ICs
Triangular, Saw tooth and Sine wave generators
Function generator ICs
Voltage regulator ICs: fixed,
Adjustable and General purpose
V/F and F/V convertors
UNIT IV TEST AND MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
Measurement of voltage, current ,
frequency and power using Multi meters ,
counters, analyzers and printers.
UNIT V DISPLAY DEVICES
Injection Luminescence, LED,
Liquid Crystal Displays,
Solar cell, CCD
Upon Completion of the course, the students will be able to:
CO1: Apply the various switching devices in electronic circuits.
CO2: Work with various applications of amplifiers
CO3: Design various circuits using ICs.
CO4: Test and measure different parameters available in electronic circuits.
CO5: Explain the principles of various display devices.
- Donald A Neaman, “Semiconductor Physics and Devices”, Fourth Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill Inc. 2012.
- Roy Chowdhury D. and Jain Shail B., Linear Integrated Circuits, New Age Int. Pub., 5th edition, 2018.
- Salivahanan S., Suresh kumar N. and Vallavaraj A., Electronic Devices and Circuits, Tata McGraw Hill publishing company, New Delhi, 3rd edition, 2012
- Albert Malvino and Bates J., Electronic Principles, Tata McGraw- Hill Pub. Company Ltd.,7th edition, 2013.
- Millman J., Halkias C.C. and Satyabrata Jit, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 3rd edition, 2010.
- Thomas L. Floyd, Electronic Devices, Pearson Education Asia, 9th edition, 2010.