ME8513 Metrology and Measurements Laboratory Notes Regulation 2017

<%= @topic_view.topic.title %>
<%= @topic_view.topic.average_rating %> <%= @topic_view.topic.posts.count { |p| !!p.custom_fields['rating'] } %>

LIST OF EXPERIMENTS

1. Calibration and use of measuring instruments – Vernier caliper, micrometer, Vernier height gauge – using gauge blocks
  2. Calibration and use of measuring instruments – depth micrometer, bore gauge, telescopic gauge
  3. Measurement of linear dimensions using Comparators
  4. Measurement of angles using bevel protractor and sine bar
  5. Measurement of screw thread parameters – Screw thread Micrometers and Three wire method‘(floating carriage micrometer)
  6. Measurement of gear parameters – disc micrometers, gear tooth vernier caliper
  7. Measurement of features in a prismatic component using Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
  8. Programming of CNC Coordinate Measuring Machines for repeated measurements of identical components
  9. Non-contact (Optical) measurement using Toolmaker’s microscope / Profile projector and Video measurement system
  10. Measurement of Surface finish in components manufactured using various processes (turning,milling, grinding, etc.,) using stylus based instruments.
  11. Machine tool metrology – Level tests using precision level; Testing of straightness of a machine tool guide way using Autocollimator, spindle tests.
  12. Measurement of force, torque and temperature

OUTCOMES

Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to

• Measure the gear tooth dimensions, angle using sine bar, straightness and flatness,
    thread parameters, temperature using thermocouple, force, displacement, torque and
    vibration.
  • Calibrate the vernier, micrometer and slip gauges and setting up the comparator for the
    inspection.

LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS

S.No NAME OF THE EQUIPMENT Qty
1. Micrometer 5
2. Vernier Caliper 5
3. Vernier Height Gauge 2
4. Vernier depth Gauge 2
5. Slip Gauge Set 1
6. Gear Tooth Vernier 1
7. Sine Bar 1
8. Floating Carriage Micrometer 1
9. Profile Projector / Tool Makers Microscope 1
10. Parallel / counter flow heat exchanger apparatus 1
11. Mechanical / Electrical / Pneumatic Comparator 1
12. Autocollimator 1
13. Temperature Measuring Setup 1
14. Force Measuring Setup 1
15. Torque Measuring Setup 1
16. Coordinate measuring machine 1
17. Surface finish measuring equipment 1
18. Bore gauge 1
19. Telescope gauge 1

Sir kindly send me Metrology and Measurements Laboratory manual Reg2017 to my my mail id bennyjohn888@gmail.com