LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- a) Study of gear parameters.
b) Experimental study of velocity ratios of simple, compound, Epicyclic and differential gear trains.
- a) Kinematics of Four Bar, Slider Crank, Crank Rocker, Double crank, Double rocker,
Oscillating cylinder Mechanisms.
b) Kinematics of single and double universal joints.
- a) Determination of Mass moment of inertia of Fly wheel and Axle system.
b) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia of axisymmetric bodies using Turn Table
c) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia using bifilar suspension and
- Motorized gyroscope – Study of gyroscopic effect and couple.
- Governor - Determination of range sensitivity, effort etc., for Watts, Porter, Proell, and
- Cams – Cam profile drawing, Motion curves and study of jump phenomenon
- a) Single degree of freedom Spring Mass System – Determination of natural
Frequency and verification of Laws of springs – Damping coefficient determination.
b) Multi degree freedom suspension system – Determination of influence coefficient.
- a) Determination of torsional natural frequency of single and Double Rotor systems.-
Undamped and Damped Natural frequencies. b) Vibration Absorber – Tuned vibration
- Vibration of Equivalent Spring mass system – undamped and damped vibration.
- Whirling of shafts – Determination of critical speeds of shafts with concentrated loads.
- a) Balancing of rotating masses. (b) Balancing of reciprocating masses.
- a) Transverse vibration of Free-Free beam – with and without concentrated masses.
b) Forced Vibration of Cantilever beam – Mode shapes and natural frequencies.
c) Determination of transmissibility ratio using vibrating table.
- Ability to demonstrate the principles of kinematics and dynamics of machinery
- Ability to use the measuring devices for dynamic testing.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
|S.NO||NAME OF THE EQUIPMENT||Qty|
|1.||Cam follower setup.||1 No.|
|2.||Motorised gyroscope.||1 No.|
|3.||Governor apparatus - Watt, Porter, Proell and Hartnell governors.||1 No.|
|4.||Whirling of shaft apparatus.||1 No.|
|5.||Dynamic balancing machine.||1 No.|
|6.||Two rotor vibration setup.||1 No.|
|7.||Spring mass vibration system.||1 No.|
|8.||Torsional Vibration of single rotor system setup.||1 No.|
|9.||Gear Models||1 No.|
|10.||Kinematic Models to study various mechanisms.||1 No.|
|11.||Turn table apparatus.||1 No.|
|12.||Transverse vibration setup of a) cantilever b) Free-Free beam c) Simply supported beam.||1 No.|