LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
Machining and Machining time estimations for:
- Taper Turning
- External Thread cutting
- Internal Thread Cutting
- Eccentric Turning
- Square Head Shaping
- Hexagonal Head Shaping
- Fabrication of simple structural shapes using Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Joining of plates and pipes using Gas Metal Arc Welding/ Arc Welding /Submerged arc welding
- Preparation of green sand moulds
- Manufacturing of simple sheet metal components using shearing and bending operations.
- Manufacturing of sheet metal components using metal spinning on a lathe
Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to
- Demonstrate the safety precautions exercised in the mechanical workshop.
- Make the workpiece as per given shape and size using Lathe.
- Join two metals using arc welding.
- Use sheet metal fabrication tools and make simple tray and funnel.
- Use different moulding tools, patterns and prepare sand moulds.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
|S.No||NAME OF THE EQUIPMENT||Qty|
|1.||Centre Lathes||7 Nos.|
|2.||Horizontal Milling Machine||1 No|
|3.||Vertical Milling Machine||1 No|
|5.||Arc welding transformer with cables and holders||2 Nos.|
|6.||Oxygen and acetylene gas cylinders, blow pipe and other welding outfit||1 No|
|7.||Moulding table, Moulding equipments||2 Nos.|
|8.||Sheet metal forming tools and equipments||2 Nos.|