LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
A. Flow Measurement
- Calibration of Rotameter
- Calibration of Venturimeter / Orificemeter
- Bernoulli’s Experiment
B.Losses in Pipes
4.Determination of friction factor in pipes
5. Determination of min or losses
- Characteristics of Centrifugal pumps
- Characteristics of Gear pump
- Characteristics of Submersible pump
- Characteristics of Reciprocating pump
- Characteristics of Pelton wheel turbine
- Characteristics of Francis turbine/Kaplan turbine
E. Determination of Metacentric height
12.Determination of Metacentric height of floating bodies
- The students will be able to measure flow in pipes and determine frictional losses.
- The students will be able to develop characteristics of pumps and turbines.
- Sarbjit Singh.“Experiments in Fluid Mechanics”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, Learning
Private Limited, Delhi, 2009.
- “Hydraulic Laboratory Manual”, Centre for Water Resources, Anna University, 2004.
- Modi P.N. and Seth S.M., “Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics”, Standard Book House, New
- Subramanya K. “Flow in open channels”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing.Company, 2001.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- One set up of Rotometer
- One set up of Venturimeter/Orifice meter
- One Bernoulli’s Experiment set up
- One set up of Centrifugal Pump
- One set up of Gear Pump
- One set up of Submersible pump
- One set up of Reciprocating Pump
- One set up of Pelton Wheel turbine
- One set up of Francis turbines/one set of kaplon turbine
- One set up of equipment for determination of Metacentric height of floating bodies
- One set up for determination of friction factor in pipes
- One set up for determination of minor losses.