LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Deflection of Beams
- Verification of superposition theorem
- Verification of Maxwell’s reciprocal theorem
- Buckling load estimation of slender eccentric columns
- Determination of flexural rigidity of composite beams
- Unsymmetrical Bending of a Cantilever Beam
- Combined bending and Torsion of a Hollow Circular Tube
- Material Fringe Constant of a Photo elastic Models
- Shear Centre of a Channel Section
- Free Vibration of a Cantilever Beam
- Forced Vibration of a cantilever Beam
- Fabrication of a Composite Laminate.
- Determination of Elastic constants for a Composite Tensile Specimen.
- Determination of Elastic constants for a Composite Flexural Specimen.
- Tension field beam
Any 10 experiments can be chosen
At the end of the course
- students can understand the behavior of materials subjected to various types of loadings
- Students will be in a position to fabricate a composite laminates.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
|Sl.No||Name of the Equipment||Quantity||Experiment No|
|1.||100 kN Universal Testing Machine||1||13,14|
|2.||Beams with weight hangers and dial gauges||6||1,2,3|
|3.||Column set up with dial gauges||2||4|
|4.||Photo elasticity set up||1||8|
|5.||Vibration set up with accessories||1||10,11|
|7.||Unsymmetrical bending set up||1||6|
|8.||Set up for combined bending and torsion||1||7|